Us3

Us3

Saturday, December 5, 2009

It Was Bound To Happen At Some Point

AJ threw himself out of his crib today... Yep...it happened. I watched it. I had put him down for his nap and was watching him on our video monitor. For a few minutes, he was just laying there- I thought he was pretty close to being asleep. Then, he got up and was jumping around, talking and playing and then.... I saw it.... He flopped right out and onto the ground. I didn't see exactly how he landed, but when I RAN into his room he was obviously crying and had a bloody nose. Poor boy! He's never even TRIED to do this before (that I am aware of).

Needless to say, we lowered the crib as low as it can go, and he can't get out now (then again, I didn't actually think he could get out before, so who knows!)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Holy cow! so was he actually trying to get out of his crib, or was it a total accident? Poor guy - I hope he is not too traumatized LOL :(

Donna said...

It's one of the scariest things about cribs and toddlers. I remember the Saturday morning we were all in bed...hadn't quite muscled the courage to face a new day and all of a sudden, we heard the toilet flush in the hall bathroom! The only other person who could flush the toilet was lying next to me...so we both FLEW out of bed just in time to see JT lumbering on up the rails of the crib, swings his leg over the top and *plop* down he goes onto the mattress! All the while, he giggling and humming! Over breakfast we asked him how long he's been able to get out of the crib and he said "for a while...but Mich can do it too...she just didn't need to go potty this morning yet!" THAT day we went out and bought the materials to make them both new beds. They were pretty cool and the kids loved them! No more worries for mom about someone fallin out on his/her head in the middle of the night! Give AJ a kiss from his Oma please and tell him that I'm sending his someone to help remind him how much he is loved by his Poppa and Oma!
Hugs to you all!