Us3

Us3

Monday, November 2, 2009

16 Months is FUN!

Ok, that was somewhat sarcastic.... Having a 16 month old boy can be exhausting! Sure, it's a lot of fun, but at times my patience wears very thin..... Here's what is going on:

* Just today, AJ learned how to climb on the kitchen chairs. Guess what that means? The kitchen table has now turned into a jungle gym! I see broken bones in our future...

* He can say SO many words- just not "please" or "more". He says turtle, tractor, truck, apple, cat, Pop (sounds like Dop), and SOOO many other words, but ask him to say "please" and he points and says, "EEHHH". If he's in a bad mood it's more like a whining, crying "EEEEEEEEEEHHHHH" (with a finger pointed at what he wants)

* He is getting REALLY smart! Everyday I am impressed by him! AJ has a ton of bath toys- many of them are animals. Today I asked, "Where is the duck?" and he found the duck right away! This may seem like not a big deal, but DUCK isn't something we've really been working on. We've been working on horse, cow, dog, cat, bunny, giraffe, fish and other things. Oh, speaking of fish, he put together that a dolphin swims too! Again, I know this seems silly, but I have shown him that a fish swims; not that a dolphin swims. Somehow he got it! You should hear me when he GETS something like this- I freak out! I am so proud :)

* Today...he pooped in the bath for the first time....Enough said

* His new thing is pointing and saying "EEHHH" to the refrigerator. I have NO IDEA what he actually wants, so I open it and he stands IN the fridge and rummages through looking for things.

* This daylight savings thing is for the birds! UGH! Ok, so I'm happy that the sun comes up earlier, but this child has been waking up at FOUR IN THE MORNING for the past few days. UNACCEPTABLE I tell ya!

* AJ walks around ALL day EVERY day saying "Mom....Mom...Mama...Mom..Mom...Mama..." It's the cutest and sweetest thing. It warms my heart. I respond with, "Yes?, Yes honey bear?, AJ? Yes?" The response I get is "Mom...Mom....Mama...Mom?" I love him.

* He calls himself "A..A" It's the cutest thing. I'm trying to get it on video. This always makes me think that at SOME point, he's going to have to learn that his name is Anderson.

* It's 9:20pm....I must go to sleep as I'm sure I'll be up BEFORE the crack of dawn. More blogging tomorrow I'm sure :)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Preston does the "ehhhhh" thing too and if I ignore him too long it turns into "EHHHHHHHHH!!!!" hahaa. It's like the only noise that he does that seriously bugs me. I keep trying to teach him "please" but he still won't say it. So when he does the "eh" thing I feel like he's demanding me to do things for him. *sigh* I don't like feeling like a little 16 month old is barking orders at me all day long. LOL

AJ is too cute! And so smart. It's amazing what they pick up. I've noticed they are so observant and watch EVERYTHING we do.