Us3

Us3

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Water Baby!

Today was Anderson's first swim lesson :) I only wish I had someone there to video it or take pictures- it was one of the most fun things AJ and I have done together so far. Jason told me that he will make it to at least one of our classes before it's over so he can watch him and get it on video.

We arrived at the rec center today and although I was confident Anderson would enjoy the water, I was a little unsure how I'd do this whole thing alone. We were dressed in our suits already, but since it's 40 degrees outside, we both had layers of clothes we had to get off when we got there. I also was wondering what the pool temperature would be; I'd heard from other moms that sometimes it can be pretty cold.

When we got there, I was happy to see that there were 5 other parents and kids there too. The instructor had us all get in the pool and right away AJ LOVED it! He was smiling, kicking and laughing pretty much the entire time. The (indoor) pool was nice and warm and I didn't have any problems getting in and out of the rec center.

The point of this class is to get babies used to the water- we sang songs, splashed and dipped their heads under water. AJ enjoyed everything- at times he was screaming and laughing while the instructor was talking. I have to say- he was the best little swimmer there :)

The class was only 30 minutes long so after I took AJ to the other kiddie pool and we played there for a while. I had him float on his back for a few minutes at a time, dipped him some more, and twirled him around.

Seeing how happy he was in the water made me so excited for the summer! We'll be at the outdoor pool all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Kate! That sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad to Lil' AJ loved it! That is a great sign! Ah, summer is going to be so much fun for you and him!

What is the rec center? And we have what we call the sports club and it has a huge pool, but I never like the temperature =(

AJ could be an Olympic swimmer haha! Have fun at your future lessons =)

-Heather <3

Jenni said...

So....my biggest question is....how did you get AJ to dunk his head under the water and get him to hold his breath too? What is the secret?