Us3

Us3

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A VERY fun, but emotional weekend

This has been a wonderful weekend, full of so much fun with friends and family, yet incredibly emotional since we spent our first night away from Anderson.

On Friday, Grandma arrived! We were soooo excited to see her since she hadn't seen Anderson since he was 1 week old. Obviously, he's just changed so much and is a ton of fun. Anderson and I picked her up from the airport and then, as usual for my mom and I, went shopping! AJ slept the entire time and we enjoyed just walking around the outdoor mall and having lunch. We came home and Jason made his famous pizza and Grandma just loved on Anderson all night. He just loves her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday was pretty emotional for me for many reasons. AJ hasn't been good at taking the bottle and since I knew my mom would need to feed him many times with the bottle, I only breast fed him once in the morning and then it was bottle practice the rest of the day. It was SOOO stressful for me because I was worried that he would cry all night, that he wouldn't eat and also I was missing the bonding that I have with him each time I feed him. It was really tough and I was terrified about how Saturday night would go. I was tempted to cancel our plans, but wouldn't you know it, Anderson finally took an entire bottle from my mom just before we left so I felt so much better. What a relief!

So, around 3pm, Jason and I were off to Denver with Holly & Joel and Heather & Domenic for Heather's 30th birthday. We rented rooms at the Marriott in Downtown Denver and got all gussied up and went to dinner at a place called Lime (delicious!) and then to Sing Sing for some great music and fun and then out dancing. No sleep for us! We were up until 3am!!!

FUN TIMES!!
Photobucket

Throughout the night I was in touch with my mom and she assured me that AJ was doing great, taking the bottle and not crying too much and just having fun. I was so relieved to hear this great news but I missed him SO much. At 7:30am when I woke up all I could think about was how badly I missed him and wanted to be home. It was a feeling I've never felt before, total and utter pain that I missed him so much. I knew he was safe and happy of course, but I just wanted to see him. We finally got home after lunch and thankfully AJ remembered me :) I knew he wouldn't forget me, but I was a little worried if I'm honest.

So after hanging out and feeding him and just kissing him like crazy my mom and AJ and I went out to do a few things today and now we're just taking it easy enjoying out time together. I'm soooo proud of all of us; Anderson for being so good for Grandma; Grandma for taking such good care of AJ and for the many early morning feedings and Jason and I for getting out and doing this. As hard as it was for all of us, it was really good and necessary too.

Grandma goes home tomorrow and we'll miss her a lot! The dogs too as she's been so great and takes them for very long walks each day. But the good news is that we'll be in California next week and will see her again along with all the rest of the family and friends. We're excited!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

FIrst of all Kate you look so beautiful all "gussied" up! LOL :) And good job on your 1st night away from Anderson. I haven't gone overnight without seeing Preston yet, and so I honestly wouldn't know how I would react. But seeing how you did makes me wonder if I would be the same way. I probaby would. :) It just must mean we are good mothers.